Lemhi Ride gets you where you need to go in the Salmon area.
Call us for a ride
About Lemhi Ride
Lemhi Ride is a program of the Lemhi County Economic Development Association, (LCEDA) and is operated out of the Salmon Valley Business Innovation Center. In the fall of 2013, LCEDA created Lemhi Ride to offer same day demand-response transportation services as a supplement to services operated by Targhee Regional Public Transportation Authority. Since then, Lemhi Ride has grown from providing a few rides a day, to over 10,781 rides a year. On April 1, 2015, Lemhi Ride consolidated TRPTA’s operations and is now the full-service transit provider in the Salmon area.
Lemhi Ride now offers same-day and pre-reserved transportation services Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Lemhi Ride is governed by a volunteer board of community leaders:
- Alan Howell, LCEDA Board President
- Brett Barsalou, County Commissioner
- Fred Waidley, City of Salmon Councilman
- Joe Proksch, LCEDA Treasurer
- Melissa Droske, Development Workshop
- Amy Bertram, Human Dynamics & Diagnostics
- Amy Berasi, Josjua D. Smith
– Title VI
LEMHI RIDE BUS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
To Our Valued Clients:
Due to the increased use of our transportation resources, we feel the need to explain our policies and procedures in writing. Having these in writing will hopefully eliminate some misunderstandings of our transportation program.
Lemhi Ride is a public transportation system who must follow Federal Transit Administration regulations, NOT A TAXI SERVICE.
- Office hours for scheduling purposes are Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm. Actual ride times are 8am to 4:45 pm. Between the hours of 8am to 9am and 2pm to 3:30pm are the busiest times in the day for us, only schedule during these times if it is a medical appointment or urgent need and even then we cannot guarantee your request.
- Give the dispatcher the time of your appointment, NOT when you need to be picked up. Dispatchers and drivers will factor in travel time to get you to your appointment ON time. BE READY at least 45 minutes prior to your appointment time and watch for the bus to arrive.
- If you want or need extra stops, please let us know at the time of scheduling. This assures the driver can arrive on time for the next scheduled ride. EXTRA last minute stops that are not previously scheduled cannot be guaranteed and an extra $2.00 will be charged to you per stop regardless of age. The ONLY exception will be after a medical appointment to a pharmacy for a prescription.
- If you need assistance to and from the vehicle (door to door) or boarding the vehicle inform us at the time of scheduling, unless arrangements for a caregiver can be made. The driver will be happy to assist you if necessary. Lemhi Ride is a curb to curb service which means that we pick up and drop off on the curb.
- Remember when shopping, if you can’t lift it the, driver can’t lift it either. You are limited to what you can carry in one trip. The drivers is not responsible for carrying your items for you. However most are happy to assist. No huge boxes or containers allowed. Drivers are NEVER allowed to enter a personal residence EVER for any reason.
- Lemhi Ride requires that you pay for your ride upon entering the bus or showing your senior pass card or punch card.
- The driver will wait 5 minutes for you to come out for your ride. When you have scheduled a return trip, the driver will wait no more than 5 minutes. This is in consideration of the driver and their schedule. After such the 5 minutes you will be considered a no-show. After 2 No-Show incidents Lemhi Ride will implement a 5 day suspension policy. This is only to ensure that the next person on the schedule receives the same courtesy you expect.
- You MUST, by Idaho State Law, wear your seat belt at all times.
- There will be no smoking in the vehicles, no alcohol or weapons carried in the vehicle (bus).
- Our service is offered on a First Come-First Served Basis. To assure you get the scheduled time you want or need, you need to schedule as soon as possible. Rides can be scheduled up to 4 weeks in advance. Rides must be made a day advance for next day service.
- DO NOT SCHEDULE YOUR RIDE WITH THE DRIVER. Do NOT ASSUME THAT MEDICAID HAS SCHEDULED YOUR RIDE. Call the office at 208-756-1875 and check with the dispatcher. Veyo’s phone number is 1-877-503-1261.
- Lemhi Ride is not responsible for anything you leave in the vehicle, nor are we responsible to delivering it back to you. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. If you bring it on the bus please take it off of the bus. If you do leave something on the bus let us know as soon as possible and make arrangements to pick it up from the office.
- Please refrain from making medical appointments after 3:30 pm unless you find alternative transportation back home, we cannot always guarantee we will be able to get you back home from that late of an appointment.
- Lemhi Ride is not responsible for delays caused by accidents, road conditions or closures, breakdowns, weather conditions and other conditions beyond our control.
- Lemhi Ride reserves the right to refuse service to a person whose condition, conduct, or behavior may be objectionable to others. The driver is responsible for making that decision and the driver’s decision is final.
- Service animals are allowed, and must on a leash and be under control of the owners at all times. Animal’s small enough to be transported in cages/carriers can be taken for appointments accompanied by the owner.
- Please be patient and courteous with drivers and office staff as we are trying our best to accommodate everyone.
- Lemhi Rides thanks you for using our service, we enjoy all of our patrons and being able to provide you the opportunity for independence.
- Dispute policies: The local mechanism for resolving citizen complaints or questions dealing with the fairness of local procedures and decisions requires the complaint or question to be put in writing to the Operations Manager at Lemhi Ride. Lemhi Ride will accommodate requests for the complaint procedure in alternative formats. The preceding outline policy/procedure does not preempt a complainant to pursue his/her rights through any appeals process provided by the Idaho Revised Code. All complaints and/or disputes will be documented and placed in a file marked “Complaint File” and maintained by the Operations Manager. Complaints that are serious in nature must immediately be brought to the attention of the Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will immediately take appropriate action to begin an investigation to determine validity. Within seven (7) days of the receipt of a question and/or complaint, the Transit Director shall provide a written response to such questions or complaints. Within seven (7) days of the receipt of such response, if the complainant remains unsatisfied with such response, the complainant may submit such question or complaint in writing to the Transit Governing Board, along with a summary of the issue involved and copies of all communications heretofore generated. Within thirty (30) days of the receipt of such question or complaint, the Transit Governing Board shall convene a meeting to consider the question or complaint. The Transit Governing Board Director will issue a final written decision within seven (7) days after the decision is made. If the complainant is still not satisfied, IDOT may be contacted with all communications. The Operations Manager will ensure that appropriate retraining and/or disciplinary action occurs and is documented.
- Questions please call 208-756-1875.
LEMHI RIDE BUS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES OPERATE UNDER PROVISIONS OF TITLE 6.